Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Course to Remain Closed Until Weather Turns

It has been a frustrating few weeks while we wait for a break in the weather.  We are as tired of being cooped up as you are.  We ask you to continue your patience a little bit longer.  The 10-day forecast continues to have freezing temperatures as their lows.  This is the main concern at this point.  As the temperatures drop below freezing, the surface freezes every night.  The root system is then at serious risk of being damaged.  We spend all year trying to grow healthy roots.  These could be compromised (sheared) with foot traffic during the freeze/thaw cycle.  According to our soil sensors, the soil profile at a half inch depth does not get above freezing until 2:00 in the afternoon on average.  After a heavier freeze, the soil would remain frozen further down making it even later in the day.

Unfortunately, the course will remain closed through this weekend and until further notice.  We will get the course open as soon as possible.  Thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment